8.06.2009

Two weeks left and...

So if we look back at the list I made early in the summer, I have done this much
  • Visa (pending return flight, to be booked same day this year as departure from Seoul, ie mid-June) Still pending, but sent off
  • macbook (hopefully) how about... NOT!
  • Get a little more in shape, just to make my life easier in Korea hah...
  • Obtain a phone with SIM card (for calling card use) Thank you, Antonius!
  • Bulk up on wardrobe (I hear clothes are expensive there) $300 shopping spree at Kohls
  • Immunizations... Tessa won't be getting any Hepatitis A~~
Getting a plane ticket was the bane of my summer. What was the problem? You can't book a flight more than 330 days in advance. I could change the date, but that costs an arm and a leg. Yes, There are student travel agencies, but guess which country they decided to cut back on this year?? So I had to wait til last Saturday to book. Don't worry, I FedExed it asap.

The next catch: the Korean embassy wants me to show that I (i.e. my family) have enough money to stay in Korea for an extended period of time. How? Give them a bank statement showing $3k. Ooooooookay. I got my mom to print of a statement and stuck it in with my visa app. I got a call on Monday that said I needed to show $10k... you know, since I'm staying so long. -___- That made life a mess for about 3 hours of scrambling and scanning documents into pdf. Let's hope they don't show any more inconsistencies.

So other than being soooooper nervous about getting my passport with a pretty little Korean Embassy stamp of approval back in time, I still have to figure out what to pack and begggg my mother to buy me a new lens (est. cost: $250). Please, oh please.

How's everyone else doing? More relaxed than I, I would hope.

[edit] By the way, look at where I will be staying this next year!
DMC Ville

No comments:

Post a Comment