9.13.2010

KoYon Jun and Such.

This past weekend held the annual varsity competition between Korea University and Yonsei University. I covered the basics of it from last year. Notably, last year I was on the blue side of the stadium with Yonsei. This year, I got to see the world through a red lens of Korea University. It'd be a cute story to say that I had a newfound pride in my new university, that this time it was just like home, blah blah blah, but honestly I was a little nostalgic for Yonsei from start to finish. I know most of the cheers by heart and I knew so many faces. Korea, however, was a little foreign to me. Last year, it looked like an intimidating crowd, and this year it was the same... but closer. Haha.

I still had fun. I got to cheer with my friends at Yonsei, and I got to bond with my new ones at Korea University. It might be seen as a double allegiance, betrayal even, but it's all in good spirit. Oh, and Yonsei won.

Other than that, I guess I can summarize the major accomplishments this week. Classes are going well. We've been assigned to groups in most of the classes that have group projects. I wandered over to the student union building to find their photo club, HoYong Hui*. Between classes and these guys, I actually have a few recognizable faces on campus.

*HoYong Hui is YonYong Hui's (Yonsei Photo Club) arch rival. If you're interested in the name breakdown, here's how they go:
  1. Yon (YONsei)
  2. Yong (for the Chinese character, shadow, 影, pinyin: ying)
  3. Hui (means group, meeting, 會, pinyin: hui)
  4. HoYong Hui follows the same kind of pattern, but the exception is the first character isn't a shortened school name, but rather a reference to the mascot, a tiger (in Korean, horang-i), hence HOYong Hui.
Okay, Korean class dismissed. I guess pictures to be uploaded later. You guys have to nag me.

1 comment:

  1. Nagging!! I'm nagging you to put them up now! Do it!!!

    You should definitely tell us more about the photo club. Then again, I might be a little biased. derp.

    <3

    We miss you in the states! I can't wait to read mooooreee!!!

    -

    ReplyDelete